(1) Contestants will compete in the age division they are the day of the pageant, unless a contestant has a birthday and
changes age divisions prior to the state pageant in June, then she moves up. Contestants must submit a copy of their birth
(2) It is manadatory that Tiny, Little, Junior, Teen, and Miss Queens must represent the
Local County Forestry title that they win at the Georgia Forestry Pageant in Tifton in June. State
Forestry Pageant dates are Tiny and Little-June 11, 2005, Junior and Teen-June 12, 2005, and Miss-June 19, 2005. Queens will
be responsible for ads, optionals, and so forth.
(3) Contestant in the Miss must reside, work or attend school
in the county they are competing in on the day of the pageant and must be a legal resident of Georgia.
(4) Tiny, Little,
Junior and Teen contestants are open to all counties.
(5) May be sponsored by family, friends or businesses.
(6) You can hold any title, we don't care how many titles you hold, and compete in the local Forestry Pageants, but
if you should be named queen, you cannot promote or make appearances for any previous or current titles, you will promote
Forestry only. You can go back when it is time and relinquish your crown for any previous titles that you held prior to competing
in this local pageant, but all other appearances must be made as a forestry queen. School titles are an acception, but contact
director about this. If you should be named queen of a local Forestry Pageant, you cannot compete in any pageant that will
require you to promote or make appearances for them until you are three months of giving up your local title. Local Forestry
Queens will promote and make appearances as Local Forestry Queens only! If you are a reigning Local Forestry Queen and did
not win State Forestry, you cannot compete in another local Forestry Pageant until you are within three months of giving up
your local Forestry title. You can compete in other pageants as long as it is a pageant that does not require appearance or
promotion. You must get permission from your local director before competing in another pageant, if you are named a local
(7) Local Pageant will be responsible for your entry fee to the State Forestry Pageant. State Forestry
Pageant dates are Tiny and Little-June 11, 2005, Junior and Teen-June 12, 2005, and Miss-June 19, 2005. Queens will be responsible
for ads, optionals, and so forth.
(8) Must always act in a ladylike manner, dress appropriately for appearances, and always
wear crown and banner. Always get dress attire approved by Local Director.
(9) Must get permission from Local Director
before promoting the Forestry in any event or before entering other pageants. Queens cannot wear the Forestry crown and banner
to promote other pageants after they give up their title. If caught doing so, The Georgia Forestry Pageant has the right to
ask the queen to return her crown and banner to her local pageant.
(10) Will get scholarship money at the end of your reign
provided you have fulfilled your obligations to your local Forestry title. The Director of the Local Pageant that you win
is responsible for all your scholarships and prizes. If for some reason the Directorship of your Local Pageant should change
prior to the end of your reign, the Director that crowned you will remain responsible for all your prizes and scholarships.
The Georgia Forestry Pageant nor the newly elected Director will be responsible for the prizes and scholarships.
Queen will be responsible for making contact with the Local Director, not other family members. We feel that is a part of
your responsibility while wearing the crown.
(12) Contestants must have never been married, ever been pregnant or ever
had a baby. Queen cannot marry, become pregnant, or be convicted of a crime during their reign.
(13) Queens agree to abide
all the rules and regulations set forth by the Forestry Pageant Board now in affect or announced thereafter.
(14) The pageant
will be conducted under the rules set forth by the Forestry Pageant Board and a contestant agrees that the time, manner, and
method of judging the pageant shall be solely within the discretion of the Pageant Board and the judges decision are final.
No refunds unless the pageant should be canceled. Entry fees must accompany application.
(16) The number of applications
accepted in each age division will be limited and accepted on a first come first serve basis.
(17) The deadline to enter
is January 1, 2005.
(18) If named queen, must be on time for all appointments. We will work with you on what appointments
you will be able to attend.
(19) A contestant must be of good moral character, never convicted of a crime, and shall possess
poise, personality, intelligence and charm.
(20) No Cameras of any kind, video or photo cameras allowed in the building.
No cell phones, beepers, or electronics allowed in the building. We will have a videographer and a photographer at the pageant
for your convenience. This includes any member of the contestants entourage.
(21) Make all checks payable to the Bulloch
County Pageant you are entering and contact Local Director for address to mail your application. No checks will be accepted
after the deadline.
(22) If you should be named queen of the Bulloch Co Forestry Pageant, the Director will give you state
packets on the night you win. These state packets are to be turned into the local Director no later than February 4th. Motel
reservations should be made at the Holiday Inn in Tifton no later than four weeks after you win your local. Call 229-382-6687
and tell them you are with the Georgia Forestry Pageant to get a special rate.
(23) A $40.00 service charge will be charged
for any returned checks. Checks not picked up within 30 days will be turned over to a collection agency at your expense.
No food or drinks at the pageant of any kind.
(25) Should there be a problem of any kind during the pageant, or related
events, the contestant is to go to one of the Local Directors. Any unruly, unsportsmanlike, or any unbecoming conduct by a
contestant or any member of her entourage, or any disregard for the rules and regulations of this pageant could result in
immediate dismissal from further competition without refund. Depending upon the severity of the action or behavior, it could
result in a permanent barrier from future competition of the Miss Georgia Forestry Pageant or any local Forestry Pageant.
If you should lose your Local or State Forestry title, you will not be allowed to ever compete in a Local or State Forestry
Pageant again! If a queen loses her title, she will have to return all prizes including but not limited to crown, banner,
trophy, gifts, and scholarships.
(26) Tiny, Little, and Junior will be scored a 1 to 10 on personality, beauty, poise,
gown, and overall appearance.
(27) Teen and Miss will be scored 50% on a five minute interview, 25% on a one minute speech,
and 25% on evening gown. Interview will be five minutes and speech will be one minute.
(28) Local Queens in the Tiny, Little,
Junior, and Teen cannot compete in the same local that they have won until they change age divisions, but they may compete
in another county. State Queens cannot compete in any Local Pageant until they change age divisons. Miss Queens can compete
in a local county pageant where they attend college, or if there is no county pageant, they can be the first to enter to come
to state or the first to represent their college.
(29) If a local Queen wins State Forestry, she shall be able to keep
her local title and any prizes from the local pageant that would be coming to her and she shall represent State Only!
No soliciting of any kind is allowed at any Local Forestry Pageant. Leave all solicitations at home! We are non-profit and
cannot promote any business! This means no passing out of applications, materials and so forth. We look forward to you joining
us in the fun and excitement of promoting Forestry for the State of Georgia.